Roaster (Apprentice) Position
Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters is looking for a Roaster Apprentice to join our Production Team. The Roaster Apprentice will be someone who is interested in learning about the art and science of sourcing, sampling, roasting, and blending coffee, as well as maintaining our equipment. S/he will be someone who loves coffee and working with her/his hands; the Roaster Apprentice is the kind of person that likes structure, a routine, and results.
The Roaster Apprentice will report to our Production Manager and will train closely with the Production Manager during the trial period, which is 60 days. After the trial and training period, the Roaster Apprentice will be responsible for:
- Operating, maintain, and cleaning our 5 kilo Diedrich Roaster and Ikawa sample roasters, roasting profiles set-forth by the Production Manager and Owners.
- Blending and bagging coffee, while upholding quality and visual standards set forth by the Snowy Owl team.
- Performing routine quality control protocols.
- Assisting with education of Snowy Owl café workers, including baristas, with information about coffees roasted.
- Potentially leading and training other roasters and production team staff
No experience required — we’ll train you — but you must:
- Be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, 75lbs with a teammate.
- Love coffee.
- Be a dependable, teachable person, who enjoys working with a team.
- Want to join a growing company and help enhance a company culture of professionalism, positivity, transparency and curiosity.
- Be flexible with the unpredictable growth trajectory of our start-up business.
- Be a team-player.
The Roaster’s Apprentice is a full-time position that will be eligible for benefits after the trial period. The right Roaster Apprentice will become a Production Team leader and a mentor to additional production staff in the future.
Please apply by submitting a resume with a letter of introduction. In your letter, please include a brief description of yourself and your passions, why you love Cape Cod, and a brief description of your goals for your next career move.
Applications should be sent to shayna @socoffee.co and email@example.com